An exercise in creative writing

Monday, July 21, 2008

Finding Motivation

Lately it has been hard for me to find motivation. Vast amounts of my time are going to waste on aimless and idle web surfing.

I have a routine going. First comes my e-mail account, then my rss reader, then my You Tube subscriptions and some other social networks news. When I am done with my routine, I just start all over again in a vicious cycle. Chasing after my custom made news flashes.

It isn't always like that. Sometimes I get up in the morning with an urge to write and to create. I get up with a strong will to get forward and to succeed. I get up with a great passion to excel. On these days I go through my routine only once and start working right away. Sometimes I am not even patient enough to go through my entire routine. I just want to write something myself, to create something my self and not to watch what others have created and written.

Not lately though. I am trying to find motivation everywhere. Visiting websites that usually inspire me. Speak with friends and family that usually motivate me to be more active. Reading inspiring books and rereading books I have already read. But nothing helps.

I feel like there is an enormous pothole right next to me and my motivation keeps tripping and falling inside that hole instead of getting into me and filling me up. I feel quite desperate, as this is a feeling I have been having for the past couple of weeks.

where has my motivation gone to?


--Time's up--

No comments: