An exercise in creative writing

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Addicted

We had the best time of our lives when we were together. Strolling barefoot on the shore. Hugging and kissing under the sunset. Awakening together into a beautiful sunrise. Exploring lost pieces of heaven across the globe. Walking through vibrant and colorful markets and picking up fresh vegetables and fruits for our dinner around the fire.

We had had the time of our life but I lost you.

You are no longer in my life and I find it difficult to concentrate, now that I am without you. I find it difficult to breathe. To enjoy life. To taste food. Everything is so dull and colorless without you.

My skin is yearning for your touch. Hanging on to its memory of your smooth hand caressing it softly. The memory starts to break down as time passes and the skin grasps any illusive and broken fragment of memory tightly. My lips are awaiting your soft and luscious lips, craving to get lost inside them.

But you are gone. You are no longer taking an active part in my life, but still I have such vivid feelings. I am addicted.


--Time's up--

No comments: