An exercise in creative writing

Monday, July 28, 2008

Alone In The Woods

I went on an expedition facing my deepest and most gruesome of my fears - being alone in the woods.

I woke up in the morning having some second thoughts about my journey of self discovery. I thought I might actually be OK with having fears. I am a human being and as such, I am allowed to have fears. It is normal to be consumed with fears. I have no urging need to face my fears and conquer them.

I was already unpacking when I realized it was my fears speaking through me, eating through my will and making me powerless and unable to control my own ways, so I repacked my bag and went to the woods.

Being alone is a fear I have had for a long time. Regardless of where I am at any given moment - I hate being alone and I see it as a personal failure. Even if being alone is just a momentary episode, bound to elapse, I just cannot handle it. Being alone in the woods adds the elements into the equation and stir things up inside me. My fears escalate and become more powerful outside in the woods. Now I am going to to dive right into the deep water and be alone in the woods.

Will I be able to go through it? How will I come back from the woods? Will I be stronger and more potent or will I come back shattered and subsided?

I have gone on a journey into the wilderness inside me and I have no idea how this journey will come up.

No comments: