An exercise in creative writing

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Parallel universe

I live my life on two parallel universes. One is happy and filled with joy and bliss and the other is a sad, sad universe, filled with my fears and frustrations.

The portal through which I move from one universe to another is continuously changing and is always found in the most unexpected corners of my heart and mind, flipping me from one universe to another without a control panel for me to handle with care and with thought.

My husband's sweet words, whispered in my ears. My nephews' wide and radiant smile. My niece's smart observations. All are triggers for being launched back into my happy universe. Sometimes I need a higher doze of my little helpers to get there, when the gravity of my dark universe is getting stronger and pulls me in with no sympathy and no remorse.

When I am in my happy universe, I can create freely. I feel inspired and full of ideas. In my sad universe, I feel blocked and any glimmer of inspiration on this universe only yields ugly and miserable creations.

Living on two parallel universes helps me remain sane. It helps me keep all the sorrow and despair confined to one place and to achieve bliss on the other side of my personal solar system.



--Time's up--

No comments: