An exercise in creative writing

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rain

Big drops of rain are falling down. Drenching my soul, diving dipper than the bones and drilling inside me as they fall. The sky is gray and thunders are roaring. The chill is getting unbearable but I have nowhere to hide.

I start running and running, faster and faster trying to increase my heartbeat and get myself warmed up this way but I am just getting colder and colder.

I cry, big salty tears are running on my gaunt cheeks mixing with the raindrops. I can't stop crying.

I have no idea how will I ever get over it. How will I ever be alive again, now that he is gone. Now that he is enjoying the angles in his eternal and final rest. How will I be able to pick up the pieces of my life and make it whole again. I won't. I cannot.

I remember how we used to go outside in the rain and try to catch the drops with our mouths, like toddlers. We would stand with our mouths open for a long time and than burst into a hearty laugh and kiss. Let the whole world know about our love.

I try to open my mouth and catch some drops of rain, imagining they are sent to me by him but then I realize that it is only raining in my mind and for the rest of the world the sun is shining today.


--Time's up--

No comments: