An exercise in creative writing

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Femme Fatale

Ever since I have heard this phrase as a little girl, I was always yearning to be one but somehow never managed to play that role.

I was trying to put on make-up, wear high heels and figure hugging dresses but I wasn't a real femme fatale. I could have looked like one, on a first glance, but I couldn't act like one.

I couldn't be as nonchalant, relaxed and relentless as a femme fatale. I could have never acted like I deserve what I wanted and owned the world. I was shy and self conscious and most of all - I was so afraid of failing that I never tried.

Everything I did came easily to me, because I kept a safe distance from anything that was more challenging.

This is how I have learned that a femme fatale isn't just a beautiful woman who makes guys fall to her feet, but rather a strong woman who isn't afraid of failing. Femme fatale is a woman who can control her feelings and her acts and is so strong on the inside, that it reflects outside and shines through.

The femme fatale's beauty does come from the inside !


--Time's up--

No comments: