An exercise in creative writing

Friday, May 23, 2008

Choreographed

Lately I've been feeling like a marionette, tied and handled by a big hand thats is held above my head. I don't choose my path nor do I choose my pace. I have no idea where am I going to or what is the motivation for my next step.

I go to the office each morning. Sit behind my desk. Go to lunch. Go back to the office. Go home. Go to sleep.

Feelings are totally absent from my life. Both feelings of happiness and feelings of despair. My heart is as blanc as an untouched canvas. Along the feelings also the colors of my world are beginning to fade away, turning in my head into a bland mixture of grays. Scents and tastes tag along the hollowed path of dullness.

I have no dreams and no desires. I have no secret wishes and I am starting to loose my essential needs as well.

I am living my life as a marionette. Getting controlled by the mundane routine rather than controlling it myself. I am choreographed by life itself.

--Time's up--

No comments: