An exercise in creative writing

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is this love?

What is love anyway? I am not sure I can tell, as I have been struggling with that notion forever. I always thought love is coming my way, just to discover there had been another detour on its way.

"This time is going to be different", I thought to myself, "This time it's real".

My heart was bitting faster. My breath speedier. I could only think about my love, my dear love and couldn't concentrate in anything else.

At that time, I wasn't free to follow my love. I had another one in my life. I couldn't bare the thought of leaving something valid for the unknown. The unsought. I was too engaged in life for taking risks and following a new path towards my love. I was too afraid to do that. Too afraid of changes. Too afraid of claiming the fulfillment of my secret desires and deepest wishes.

At the end I did that. I left my job and followed my dream, my love - my own business. Only than I started questioning myself again - Is it real love or just a fling ???


--Time's up--

No comments: