An exercise in creative writing

Friday, May 30, 2008

I Feel Trapped

Though the walls that are closing on me are made of air, I feel like I'm trapped in an iron vault. I am weaker than air and I can't get out.

All my life I was thinking about the great breakthrough. Setting free. But actually getting to this point can be a very disappointing experience, in which you need to prove yourself by materializing your dreams.

Unfortunately, the omnipotence of my dreams is not following through in the real world. The enthusiasm I was practicing when my plans were nothing but a sweet dream is vaporizing in these walls of air, when it is time to fuel myself on that motivation and carry on.

Sometimes it is the weightlessness of air that traps you. It is the vacuum and not the material that holds you back. It is the nothingness that emerges out of the endless possibilities that paralyzes you.

Trapped inside walls of air I am calling for help.


--Time's up--

1 comment:

PP said...

Hi Taly..
Before you are off for Donegal.. this is Aniol from 43things who really enjoys your "Daily Writes". This time it's me who's calling for help though.
Since apparently you are from Dublin, would you have any suggestions as to what not to miss during my 4 day stay in July (beyond the obvious)?
Cheers