An exercise in creative writing

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fishbowl

I am a very introverted child, or so my teacher said to my parents. I am not sure what introverted means. I thought it is really bad and I was afraid to get punished. So I looked it up in the dictionary and I'm still not sure whether it's good or bad.

I don't have many friends. My favorite activity is looking at the ceiling. Sometimes I see colors in there and figures floating around and they comfort me. I try to reach for them and I stretch my hands and try to grab them, but my parents don't understand why I am doing this. They don't see the figures on the wall as I do, so they keep telling me to keep my hands quiet.

When they do that, I feel numb so I try to pinch my fingers really hard and flap my hands so I can feel them. But my parents don't like that either.

Other children also can't see the figures on the wall as I do, so that's why I have nothing to talk to them about and my parents get worried because I don't speak much.

Bob and John are my only friend. They understand me. They are silent as I am and they keep on moving their fins and tale as I keep moving my fingers. Bob and John are the only ones that can understand me in the whole wide world. Swimming in their fishbowl and kept to themselves - just like me.


--Time's up--

No comments: